Monday, February 2, 2009

Interview

On Friday my Mom sent me an e-mail with some interview questions. I started right away to fill it out, but things kept coming up and I never got back to finishing it. So finally, without further interruption, here are my answers.

1. If you could pick any AFB in the world where you could live where would SSgt Dan be stationed?
For overseas I would pick Germany, because you can get on a train and basically travel anywhere. For stateside I'd pick Wright Patterson for all the obvious reasons, such as being closer to family. Of course, of all the bases I've actually lived at or been to thus far, I really loved Phoenix.


2. How did your position as a middle child in your family dynamic effect your personality?
Well for starters, I am a people pleaser. I think I did a lot around the house and yard in order to get that recognition (of course- I actually do enjoy cleaning and such). I enjoy my privacy. I shared a room until I was 15, but I really wanted my own space. I was definately able to be more relaxed because I didn't have the responsibility that K had. I struggled with where I fit or what I had to contribute to the family. I didn't have the brain of the oldest, and I didn't have the charm and cuteness of the younger. I think I used humor to deal with most things. Still do.


But the dynamic switched quite a bit when K got married and we moved to Cincy. I was now the oldest in the house and by almost 5 years, so suddenly I took the "Big sister" role. I no longer had to share my own room (so more privacy) and I had way more responsibility. I think this situation helped me to grown up and also to feel more comfortable in my own skin.

As an adult I like where I am in the family. I notice that with my personality and the age difference between each of us give me the ability to have a relaxed relationship with all my siblings. I find that they're all comfortable sharing things with me, and I like the different relationship that I have with each of them.

3. Since you are a p.k. growing up in churches where your father preached, all your experience of visiting churches has occurred since you married. What qualities do you look for in a church (besides the obvious "of like faith")? FRIENDLY. I have been in to many churches where the people acted like you were barging in on their private party.

4. If you could own any other animals other than dogs what would you choose? A cat. I love the grey and white striped ones. But sadly Dan and I are both allergic =(

5. How did you get to be such an expert do-it-yourselfer fixer-upper? Ha! I'm to cheap to hire someone! =) That and I would find myself watching TLC or HGTV and I would think, "That doesn't look hard. I could probably do that." So depending on what I wanted to try, I'd get books at the library and then also do some research on the Internet. Of course, I also actually enjoy doing the work and the feeling of pride that comes from doing something yourself.

Thanks for the questions, Mom. I enjoyed answering them!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ever heard of a soft-ball interview? Now you've had one. :) Where are the real questions?

I kid, I kid.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Ha! Ha! I'm saving those for you, Karen. I noticed you didn't ask to be interviewed yourself. :)

Well done, Lisa! I really wasn't interested in asking any deep, dark, private things. I think I know everything about you that I really need to know.