I told Dan the tile floor will probably sell this house, and I have to admit that I'm going to miss it. Don't get me wrong- I am ready to leave this house (and all it's quirks) and take on another house (which I'm sure will have plenty more quirks). But we, along with the help of family and friends, have put a lot of sweat equity into this home and it just makes it a little harder to leave it. Plus- it's the first home we purchased, so just throw that on top of the pile of reasons it's sad to say goodbye.
But- I want to show pictures of the tile to anyone that hasn't seen or been to our home recently because it is, without a doubt, beautiful.
Of course, in order for you to even understand what a difference the tile makes, I must include the before pictures.
The floor was one big sheet of vinyl laminate. This is a picture from the day we moved in, which it why there is junk and boxes everywhere.
And this is the view from the hallway where our bedrooms are
So thank you Dad and Mom for spending a whole week slaving away on our kitchen floor (and making many many many trip to Lowes), just to make our home better. We love it!
3 comments:
I'd say it looks great but I don't want Dad's head to swell up so big he can't get in his own front door. Instead I will channel the Bear:
"Huh? Oh. It looks OK, I guess."
:)
Side note: my word verification is "chimp". What is blogger trying to tell me?!
I'm sure that we could talk Dad into installing tile in your next house, not that I''m trying to wrangle a trip out of your next project or anything. :)
The best part about that tile project was that we got to spend the week visiting with you and Dan. The worst part was that poor Dan was trying to sleep with the awful saw sounding like it was killing cats right outside his open bedroom window.
R-r-r-ow-ow-EAR-EAR-ow!
Your home is beautiful! Too bad I never got to see it in person. I cannot believe your Dad did that floor! I didn't know he had it in him! Looks great!
Cousin E
Post a Comment