Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home stretch

Wow- it's already Tuesday, and Dan is leaving with Zeus on Thursday, and the house still needs finished up, and then I'm leaving on Sunday with the other 3 dogs, and the realtor wants to take pictures of the inside of our home but it is a mess, and the dogs won't stop barking.......okay, deep breath.

Alright, so there are still a few things to do, but for the most part all our "projects" are done and we're just cleaning and packing. We took some boxes to our storage bin yesterday, and it looks like I'm almost done with boxing up items for storage so that's good news. Since we rented the saw this weekend, we were able to finish up the floor and any moulding we wanted to put up. Those tools made the job so easy. I will be purchasing.

Our house is officially for sale now. There's a sign in our yard, so that proves it. Our listing is already on a few Internet sites as well (I checked), and after we leave the Realtor will start hosting some open houses. Hopefully he'll have some good traffic through the place.

I've been touching up a lot of the trim around the house, and I also finished painting the corner in the office. I painted the rest of the room over a year ago, but there was a bookcase in the way, so I never moved it to paint behind it. I know, I know.

I cleaned out the refrigerator, and I do mean cleaned. I took all the shelves out and washed that baby down. We're including the fridge with the house, so I want to make sure it's clean. I noticed most of the homes we looked at didn't bother to clean out the fridge and that's disgusting. There are still a few products in it, but that's because we'll be back for a few days before Dan leaves for California.

Speaking of Dan- he just got home, so I better see what he's up to!- Or put him to work =)

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Sounds like you'll be arriving soon after the Bear and I return from our trip to TN. See you soon!