I know this isn't something I would normally post, but last night I used a recipe for meatballs that is super easy, and very very good. Personally, I love spaghetti, and these meatballs just add that extra touch. Enjoy!
Maria's Italian Meatballs
By Maria Lisa, About.com
Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/3 cup water (more or less)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 medium onion
garlic, salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together, Don't add all the water at one time. Mixture should be moist but not so that the meatballs fall apart.
Shape meatballs to desired size and place on a broiler pan (I wet my hands before shaping each meatball and it helps make a nice meatball). Broil until outside is slightly brown on one side and then turn and broil the other side. When finished, add to spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 20 minutes
*Lisa's notes: I do not have a broiler pan so I pan fried them until they had a nice brown color on all sides. The method worked just fine. I omitted the onion because I didn't have one on hand. Also, the recipe doesn't specify what kind of garlic to use, so I used garlic salt. I'm sure powder would work well too. I think if you minced or chopped a piece of garlic up it would be harder to blend into the mixture. I mixed the ingredients with my hands- it gave me better control and I had to form them into balls anyway, so it saved me a spoon to wash. =) I'm sure you could freeze these and have them available for a future meal. Anyhow, Dan loved them and he's a tough food critic, so I'm sure you'll like them too!
2 comments:
I fed my family spaghetti and meatballs just last night. Only the meatballs came out of a big red bag. Don't tell on me. (Hey, I had a coupon!)
Yours sound really good though. I'll have to try them soon.
Oh I remember the mushroom ordeal...I think it was on pizza.
Post a Comment