Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Updates

This past week we have:

*Sold the Trans Am, but then it needed some work so he didn't want it, so we refunded his money, but then he wanted it again, and then he ended up buying another car, but then his friend might want it.....................

*Enjoyed Valentines day, and a four day weekend, but- unfortunately I was sick through all of it, so I slept on the couch most the time (even at night). I love that couch.

*Had an electrician come and finally fix the the light fixture in the entry and on the front porch.It only took us 2 1/2 years to get it done. Can you say procrastination?

*Started boxing up items for storage

*Went and got Power of Attorney for me so I can sell the house or the truck

*Bought our quarter round to finish the flooring, and we'll rent the miter saw this weekend

*Had a great chocolate fiasco yesterday. Here's the story: I got Dan a bag of Lindt chocolate truffles for Valentines, which evidently he thought it would be okay to leave them on the edge of the counter. So we ran some errands and when we got home we found that the rest of the truffles had been enjoyed by one or two or three of the dogs. George was ruled out because he was in his crate, although maybe the other dogs shared. Not likely. Anyhow, I did not induce vomitting, because a) I'd have to do all three dogs (gross). b) I had just given them their heart worm pills earlier that day, and I didn't feel like having all that money wasted. So.... I figured if they died, they died. I'm pleased to report that no one did.

3 comments:

Karen said...

If some dogs ate my Lindt chocolate, they'd be dead because I would kill them, whether the chocolate harmed their hearts or not.

Maybe that's why it's better that I don't have dogs...

Elisabeth said...

That is soooo funny about the dogs! I have a dog who will eat ANYTHING. She isn't that bad now that she is getting older but we still keep them confined to the laundry room while we are gone because she can't be trusted! Anyways, in her 6 yrs she has eaten: ibuprofen and half the bottle, ant killer (both dogs were guilty), more trash than I care to talk about, pieces of furniture, clothes, and I am sure there are things I have forgot about! She even got into the dogfood and ate so much that she vomited about a pile as big as my head on the floor in our bedroom! I could go on for days but I won't. I am glad to hear someone else has dog issues! And about the heartworm pills, when I was working at the vet I usually got that stuff for free or very cheap and I hate having to pay for it now!! But that is all for now! Sorry I wrote so much!

Kimberly Pitman said...

That Trans Am is like a bad penny that keeps coming back. :(

I think I will now go through the house and hide my chocolate. I wasn't just thinking of the dogs either. I found the Bear going through my stash last week. How could he not know that it was off limits?!

Hope you are feeling better.