Here's a little update of what's been going on around here:
-We sold one car (the camaro). Now we are working on getting rid of the Trans Am and the Truck. Nevada has stricter rules for emissions and the truck is not old enough to be exempt from these tests so I guess we have to say goodbye to it. *tear*
-Our new television is still MIA. I have calledandcalledandcalled and yet nobody at Samsung seems to have any clue why it hasn't been shipped yet (real helpful). So maybe we might get it before we move. Who knows.
-We finally have the money to get our new floors done.Plus, they ended up being $150 cheaper then I had planned, so that's a blessing. I would love to put them in this week, but the temp has dropped severely and I don't know if I want to be cutting pieces in our ice cold basement. Although..... we have been waiting a year for these floors, so I might just grit my teeth and bear it. I'll post pictures when they're done. And- I'll try to remember to put pictures up of the bathroom remodel.
-Dan's promotion was last Friday. They had a ceremony with the commander and then I got to punch his arm. I know I really hurt him, but he was a good sport anyway =)
-I've had quite a bit of pet-sitting lately so that's been keeping me busy. I've started telling everyone that we are moving, and all my clients have been really sweet about it. I was a little sad when I finished a job the other day, because I was thinking I probably wont see those animals anymore. It seems silly, but I've been taking care of most of these animals for over 2 years and I'll miss seeing their furry little faces.
-Dan is playing on a basketball team now, so hopefully he wont get injured! Maybe he'll make it through one sport without a visit to the doctor.
-I finally used my birthday gift certificate that Dan got me. It was for a 60 minute full body massage, and let me tell you, it was wonderful. I was sore later that night, but I would highly recommend getting one. Why oh why have I waited so long..... Thank you for the wonderful gift, Dan!
-Mostly I would just ask that you pray for us to get through this move smoothly. With Dan going to California, me taking the dogs to Cincy, and then all of us finally moving to Vegas, there is a lot of planning. It's rather overwhelming (for me at least). Dan is cool as a cucumber, as usual.
Anyhow, that is what's new at our house. Exciting, huh? Always.
1 comment:
you know we'll make it as smooth as possible...i'm soo excited...joe keeps asking how much longer..such a child
Post a Comment