While some are you are covered in snow and ice, we are fortunately snow-free but having a very blustery day. Seriously, I keep waiting for the house to fall down (or at least some trees). It.Is.That.Windy. I had to go out and do some pet sitting, and I did some cleaning earlier, but otherwise I've been snuggled up on the couch (with George, of course) trying to read. I say trying, because it's extremely distracting when the wind is howling outside. I am afraid of the howling wind. And yes, I know this admission will make me sound like a pansy, but I don't care. It does.
We had a day like this while Dan was deployed last year, and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I was so nervous from all the different noises that I just stayed in bed all day (luckily it was a Saturday, so I didn't skip work or anything-don't worry). It was the best option I could think of compared to being up and all alone in a house listening to strange, and scary noises. At least today Dan is home. And although he's sleeping, it's still nice.
Anyhow, I hope all you snow bunnies stay warm and safe. You're welcome to come stay with us- our weather is in the 60's, but I can't promise you the house will still be standing when you come.
1 comment:
Without actually consulting a weather map I'm guessing that some of our cold air is battling some of your warm air thereby causing all the wind you are experiencing.
Hope your house stays up. We are safe in our igloo. :)
Post a Comment