Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Verses for the New Year

This is a verse that pops into my mind when I think of all the fresh starts associated with a new year.

 “Remember not the former things,

nor consider the things of old.

 Behold, I am doing a new thing;

~Isaiah 43:18-19a~

And  in that same chapter is a verse that's perfect to keep with you ALL year long- especially during the not so great days

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,

and the flame shall not consume you.

 For I am the Lord your God,

the Holy One of Israel, your Savior
 
~Isaiah 43:1b-3a~

But my favorite part is very simply stated at the beginning of verse 4 
 
Because you are precious in my eyes,

and honored, and I love you,

3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Thank you, Lisa. I can't tell you how much I needed these verses of encouragement today.l

Elisabeth said...

Love them!

Vicky said...

We are Loved!