Yesterday I went snowboarding for the first time. I drove up to Brian Head, Utah with my friend, Cassidy. The lodge was only 3 hours away and they were running a special where you got a lesson, rental equipment and lift pass for $40. We planned to make a whole day of it, and possibly spend the night.
When we got there at 9:30 the place was packed. We stood in various lines, and finally after a really long wait, we had our gear and we were ready to go. We missed the morning class, so we had to wait for the afternoon class at 1:30. But instead of just waiting around for hours, we decided to go ahead and practice. Cassidy has only snowboarded one other time, but she was great! Me however......not so much. Going was no problem, but stopping was. Once I started going, it would go really fast. I'd panic because I wasn't able to stop properly. I'd either fall, or just throw my body down at the mercy of the ground. It.was.exhausting. I had a lot of fun, but it was definitely terrifying. On one of the trips down I hit my head (don't worry mom, it ended up okay) and it gave me a headache. Once I had a headache it wasn't as much fun. Plus the weather was getting progressively colder (28 degrees, anyone?). So after I took my lesson, I still went down one more time and then we left.
I felt bad, because I know Cassidy would probably have stayed longer if I hadn't been ready to go. But my head hurt, my body hurt from falling so much, and we both were freezing! It was time to leave. The plus side to the evening was eating at cracker barrel. My favorite!
I think I'll try it again, but not until my body forgives me for yesterday.
This is me at crackerbarrel. At least I dressed appropriately :)

2 comments:
What? Me worry? LOL!
I know you'll go again if there's a Cracker Barrel enroute. And when you do, please be careful. (I'm your mother so I'm obligated to say that.) :)
P.S. Tell Cassidy "hi."
Sounds like something only "young" adults need to be attempting! That's a great picture of you, too!
Post a Comment