Saturday, January 29, 2011

Catch Up

* I've been working full-time since Dan's been gone.

* The dogs have settled down.

* I've been making new friends had building closer relationships with old friends

*All the carpet, padding and tack strips have been ripped up from the downstairs. Now I'm just saving the money for the new floors

*I've been a reading machine since I have so much time to myself in the evenings

*I miss Dan

*Luckily, I get to hear his voice every few days

*Going to the grocery store by yourself is NO FUN. I avoid it until I absolutely cannot put it off any longer. Tomato paste for dinner, anyone?

*Being the only one available to pooper scoop gets really old after about a month

*The weather has been an amazing 60 degrees the last few weeks. I know, I'm spoiled.

*I've enrolled in school to get my Veterinary Technicians license.

*My downstairs bathroom is now a lovely shade of blue

*I've been going to the gym regularly

*I've lost 10lbs

*Two months have gone by in a flash. On to the third!


And that concludes my catch up

4 comments:

Karen said...

You're doing great! I'm right with you on the grocery shopping thing. If I'm by myself it just doesn't seem worth it. Popcorn for supper and chocolate bar for dessert is a balanced meal, right?

We'll be there before you know it. Although I'm not sure we'll be able to get Philip to do the pooper-scooping while we're there. Maybe we could trick the girls into thinking it's fun? ;)

Elisabeth said...

You ladies don't like grocery shopping alone?! What I wouldn't give for that opportunity!!

I would not recommend letting the kids poop scoop, they like to pick it up with their hands....yes, I learned the hard way! Maybe the girls would know better.

Good luck on getting your Vet tech license! I still can't decide if I would ever do it.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hmm. Should we be sending you care packages of food, too?

No, really, I understand. I hate grocery shopping. Guess you inherited that from me. I do prefer shopping alone, though, because let one of the males of the household go with me (particularly the Bear) and my bill will end up being about $20 more than I expected. I don't usually realize it until too late (like after the cashier has totalled it - he likes to "hide" his stash between my items so I won't see them).

Sounds like all-in-all you're stayiing busy and doing well.

Vicky said...

I HATE to grocery shop! But when I did it while the kids were still home I wanted to do it by myself! Now, I like for Tim to go with me!

We've had knockin' 60 degrees for 2 days here in NC, too! WOOHOO! Come on down, springtime! :D