Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a Brand New Year

I'm always excited to start a new year. It's not that I'm tired of the previous year, it's just always nice to feel like you have a fresh start. This years started without Dan by my side. This makes the celebrations bittersweet, but I know that everyday that passes brings us closer to his homecoming. He was able to call me last night (even though he'd already celebrated new years for quite a few hours). It's always nice to hear his voice. If you know Dan really well you know that he's not really a talker (I've filled that role nicely!) but there's just something so comforting about having him on the other end of the phone line. :)

Some of my goals for this year are the regular one like losing some weight and reading my Bible daily. I was going to the gym, but the holidays, visitors, and Dan's departure put a kink in that routine. I'm ready to get the ball rolling again. As fir the Bible reading, I did really good last year. I don't actually try to read thru the whole book in one year, but the important thing is just to read it. Period.

I do have some home projects that I'm working on. I've started ripping up the carpet in our downstairs, in preparation for our hardwood laminates. Those probably will not be put in until February but you never know. I'm actually going to lowes later to pick up some paint for the downstairs powderoom. Nothing like starting out the new year with a freshly painted bathroom, right?!

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I hope you and Danny have a wonderful new year!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Happy New Year! It really did cross my mind today that we needed to get to 2011 so that Dan could come back home. If that's the thought of a m-i-l, well, I can only imagine the thoughts of a wife.

I'm so glad the computer is working.

Love ya lots and lots!

Mom