Today we had our 36 week appointment. Everything still looks great. My weight is creeping up, but still in the normal range. My blood pressure was really good actually, and my asthma has remained controlled without the medication. The doctor did an ultrasound today to see how the baby was positioned. It's always fun to see the baby on the screen, but now he's so big all you can really see are knees and elbows. :) You'll be happy to know that baby is in the head down position. So now we wait...
Dan's had the last week off for the holidays, but unfortunately he also got a cold while on his vacation. I think it's from working on his car in the cold garage, but no matter how he got sick, he's feeling rather miserable right now.
I had to work during the holidays, but since I was the only one not on leave, I had some nice, relaxing days just covering for the receptionist. However, now that we are back into the swing of things (regular clinics and surgeries), I'm noticing how hard it is for me to get through the day this late in my pregnancy. I was hoping to work until the end of my pregnancy, but after this week I'm not so sure I'll make it. It doesn't help that almost everyone else is pregnant, and can't really pick up the slack.
Everything else is going well around here. I took today off to hang out with Dan a little during his vacation. He worked on his Camaro for most of the day, while I watched. I provide the morale support. It's a very important job ;)
4 comments:
Take it as easy as you can - big sister's orders!
Getting soooo close now...
I wish I could say my weight "creeped" up at my last appointment (last Wednesday) but really, it jumped. And I was not surprised. My midwife was like, "Christmas, huh?"
Yep.
In a few weeks Dan will be able to offer you moral support. And it will be about all he can do. And yes, it will be a very important job! :)
I'm very glad to know the little sweetie is in the head down position. He's getting read!
I feel sorry for all of you pregnant women working in that vet office but I'm sure it's a good thing there are no men working there with you. Can you imagine how much hormone-induced anger (on top of the already toxic-induced anger) there might be with a vet like you had before, or even the younger guy in NC?
That's "ready." I'm sure he'll be a child genius but I bet it will be awhile before he can "read." Lol!
I'm glad he went head down on his own! I worked until the day I was induced with Hannah. It was the day before my due date! I didn't make it past 38 weeks with Ryan tho so I feel your pain! And if I had been working while pregnant with Abigail, I don't think I would have made it past 30 weeks! Can't wait to see pictures of him!!
Post a Comment