Thursday, March 4, 2010

'Bout Time

I got the vet job! It's alittle more complicated then originally planned and I will try to tell you the story as best I can.

First, when you apply on base there are specific things that bump your application to the front of the line. These things were items like spouse preference, veterens preference and so forth. You can only use it once, so since I took this full time job at the Arts and Crafts center I used mine and I was basically pushed to the bottom of the stack on the applications for the Vet.

I knew they wanted to hire me, but if anybody applied with my same experience and spouse preference, they would have to hire them. No way around it. So I was holding my breath, and just waiting. At my interview she told me nobody had my qualifications so she was going to put in for me, and we'd move forward. I was super excited, but as I've learned before (especially with this job) things can change quickly.

Finally on Monday I got the call from HRO I'd been hoping for. I got the job...... but there was a slight hitch. There was one girl who didn't submit a full resume, and she ended up having spousal preference and almost as much experience as I did so HRO told the manager they had to hire her even though they'd put in for me. The manager at the vet asked if there was any way she could hire us both because she still wanted me, and they said yes, but she'd have to split the hours between us. And that's what she did.

 So,  to wrap this up: since my current boss is wonderful, he's going to allow me to work both jobs (it basically helps him out too, because he won't have to hire a new person) and it allows me to keep all my benefits from my current job. I'll be working no more hours than before, three days at Arts and Crafts and two days at the Vet. I am so excited and thrilled to get my foot in the door at the Vet, and God has worked this out amazingly (like He always does).

So that's my big news for now.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

5 comments:

Vicky said...

YEAH!!! So happy for you Lisa! CONGRATS!

Elisabeth said...

having spent several years working for a vet I am especially excited for you and hope to hear more about the job!!

Pastor David Pitman said...

Congratulations!

Love you!

Pastor Dad

Jennifer said...

That's SO great!!!! You will be amazing at the vet's office! I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to tell us. :)

Kimberly Pitman said...

At least this time you've got all that "experience" behind you (like, wanting to faint the first time you saw a gross surgery, etc.) so you know you can handle it. :)