Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big Ben

Well I've almost wrapped up another work week. Both jobs are going well, and the change of pace is nice. And in case you're wondering, yes, I am at work right now, but I'm on my break so it 's fine. :)
I worked at the Vet yesterday, and we had clinic all day. The day always goes by so fast there. We have 15 minute appointments all day, so I'm constantly going going going, but it's really fun. I've missed working with and seeing all the different animals. Yesterday I actually had a dog that weighed 165lb! Yes, I said 165! He was a well behaved dog, but lazy, and the work that it took just to get him on the scale was exhausting. This guy was named Big Ben (appropriate), and he came in for shots and traveling papers to fly to Italy. Uh, good luck finding a airplane that will be able to fit the size crate that, this monster will need. It also made me think about how Dan is always complaining about how much room George takes up in the bed, but just imagine sharing with that guy!

On another note, we heard from our realtor on Monday about a lady that had just seen our home and wanted to put in an offer. HOWEVER, she still had to be approved for a mortgage, and we're still waiting to here about how that went. I'm not holding my breath. If she's not approved, this will literally be the 8-9 person that wants our home, but can't get a loan. Come on people- I only need one person that is willing and able to buy my house. Stop looking at homes before you are approved! Not only are you getting my hopes up, but you're just wasting the realtors time by taking you around to different homes you can't purchase! *Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now. I've said my piece and counted to ten. Just keep praying for us. We'd love to stop paying for this place soon.

Well that's it for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Onyx wishes to lodge a complaint - yesterday she was outside in the kennel and it started raining so she had to...wait for it...go in the dog house until someone rescued her.

There. She's counted to 10 and said her piece.

Big Ben sounds awesome, by the way. :)

Vicky said...

I cannot even imagine a dog weighing that much!

Glad you are enjoying your job at the vet! I think Liz misses it every once in a great while! Like when she is bored at home, probably! Don't know how that happens!