The movers have come and gone. They left us with a million boxes (slight exaggeration) and a huge mess (no exaggeration). But we're so happy to finally be in our own place that it's worth it. The movers were wonderful. Since we are going from a 3 bedroom home to a 1 bedroom apartment, we had to put things into storage. Dan went and rented a truck, and all we asked the movers to help us with was putting my upright piano into the truck. They did way more then that. Not only did they completely unload all the things from their crates, they sorted everything according to my wishes and then reloaded our rental truck! It saved us a lot of time and I'm so grateful they helped us like that. Now I can't say the same thing for the people that packed our items. The labels on the boxes don't match what is actually in the box and different rooms of the house are meshed into random boxes. So long story short- we find ourselves missing a few things. I'm sure they are here, but we've already taken our boxes to our 2 storage units (yes, I did say 2. We ended up needed another), so now we'll have to pull everything out of storage to make sure we didn't miss anything in any of the boxes. Pain. Guess I know what we're doing this weekend.
The apartment is really nice. The units are only a few years old. It's an open floorplan and the ceilings are extra high which makes it feel bigger. I'll post pictures when it's all put together. Right now there is so much stuff everywhere I doubt you could even tell what room you're looking at. :)
K- that's it for now, I have to get ready to go to work (y'know the place that pays me so I can even afford to live in this apartment I'm talking about).
Happy Wednesday.
2 comments:
Ah! Sounds wonderful! :) Guess it really was a happy Wednesday after all.
The movers on the other end weren't worried about you. They knew they wouldn't be there when you actually opened the boxes.
SO happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment