Monday, October 12, 2009

Here's what is happening in our neck of the woods.

Now that I am no longer unemployed (finally), Dan and I were able to go today and secure an apartment. Folks, we have been married for five years, (and moved numerous times) and can you believe this is the first time we've ever had to live in an apartment?! I'm rather excited about the whole experience.  Of course I might be singing a different tune is a few months, but for now I'm pumped to get a place of our own. We were able to get a place that's not far from where we are currently living, so no time is added to our commutes to work.

How could we possibly fit all our dogs in an apartment you ask? Well we can't. We can only take two, so the friends we've been staying with are keeping George and Onyx.

I'm also trying to get an extra job, working a few evening shifts at Michaels. I talked to the manager today and he seemed interested in giving me a job, so we'll see. Hopefully he'll give me a call. I thought since we had to get an apartment, but we still have the mortgage, that I could take advantage of the extra hiring that's done during the holiday season.

Well that's it for now. Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Happy Monday" greeting. You are the only person who has ever wished me a happy Monday - it was a better day after you said that ;)

Pastor Dad

Kimberly Pitman said...

It was so nice to sit and talk with you last night. The only thing that would've made it better is if we had actually been in the same room.

The news of a place of your own is so exciting! I guess you could rotate dogs (except Zelda) if you were really of a mind to do so. Wouldn't that confuse the landlord!

Anonymous said...

Yay for finally getting to move to a place of your own! :)

Morgan

Vicky said...

Glad things are looking up for you all!