Saturday, October 24, 2009

Little Snippets About Apartment Life

1. I have heard more car alarms in the last week then I have in my entire life

2. If your neighbor decides he wants to play guitar hero, you will (unfourtunately) have to listen along. And he will be trying to perfect one particular song because he will play it overandoverandover....

3. Our neighbor across the hall is an Elvis impersonator. Of course I find this fascinating, but since we live in  Vegas it's probably no big deal :)

4. I've already come home from work this week to find out that Zeus had locked Dan and Zelda out of the house. I couldn't stop laughing. Dan.....not so much.

5.You might find your neighbors grilling at six in the morning. Don't know. Didn't ask.

6. Getting up and walking the dogs to that itty-bitty patch of grass in the middle of the complex at four in the morning is not my idea of fun. Oh!- how I miss just throwing them out the back door.

And finally-

7. Did I mention the car alarms?

5 comments:

Pastor David Pitman said...

Your list made me laugh.

Miss you!

Elisabeth said...

at least it will never be snowing when you take the dogs to their little patch of grass at 4AM!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess if you don't like it you could always move back in with your friends. :)

Seriously, though, I found your list hilarious! I guess Zeus felt like he was due a bit of peace and quiet like he had before he moved to Vegas!

Mom (who couldn't sign her post as "Karabeth" because "Pastor Dad" is still signed in. [sigh]

Vicky said...

Great list, Lisa! Made me laugh, too! I certainly DO NOT miss apartment living! However, we lived on the 3rd floor and had no noise from the neighbors (unless you count the gun shots we heard....did I mentioned we lived in downtown Covington at the time?)! We also had about 3 electric outlets in the whole apartment with extension cords running everywhere! sigh! I'm thankful things could only look UP after that experience! I loved Elisabeth's response to make you feel better about having to take the dogs out at 4AM! :)

Anonymous said...

I miss the days of apartment life. NOT! We had a neighbor who turned her stereo up loud enough to hear it in the shower. Stereo downstairs shower upstairs us next door. It was back in the 80's and Lionel Ritchies song "All Night Long" was very popular. Our neighbors theme song as they played it all night long.
Hoping your house sells soon and you can get one out there. :-)
Donna