Like every other week this year, this past one was no exception and had come and gone before I even had time to realize it. At the beginning of the week I was mostly baking and finishing up Christmas shopping for Dan. Aside from the things I bought on the day after Thanksgiving, I did all my shopping for him on-line. Great prices. Free shipping. Done. Of course I'd love to tell you what I got him, but he reads this (I'm not sure why- I've already told him everything interesting about my day before he even looks at this, but I guess he likes to see it in writing).
I did a lot of Christmas baking. I took pictures of most of it, but I missed the buckeyes, because the container never seems to leaves Dan's clutches. Amazing how the man eats so much candy and chocolate, but never gains any weight. The universe is so unfair! Here's a few pictures. And before I forget- Mom, I found a recipe for the buckeyes that just uses 2 tablespoons of shortening instead of wax and it works just as good. So FYI. 

I was particularly proud of how the truffles came out. The recipe was so easy. For me, cream cheese+ chocolate = excellent.
I put up the tree on Tuesday, and this is our first year with our new LED lights. These babies are bright!* Dan has actually had to adjust a few bulbs because they were shining right in his eyes while he was trying to watch t.v. Also, the lights reflect on everything, so sometimes I have flashbacks to when I was a child in the skating rink and they were flashing those lights all around the floor and walls. Of course, aside from all that- I love them.
*Seriously- they will blind you! They are no joke. Wear protective eye gear.
Here is our tree in all of its glory

The end of the week wrapped up with multiple Christmas Parties. Friday night we had Dan's squadron party. We had a great time with our friends and then to top it off, Dan won a wii. Of course we have been unable to try it out yet because our t.v. is in the repair shop (a story for another time), but I'm sure once we get it back, we will have a blast. 

Saturday night was our the Christmas party for our Church, and after calling numerous people (mom and grandpa included. Again, another long story) we managed to find out the time. We had a good time there also. No wii though. 
Sunday, as you all well know, was my birthday. The big 25. Dan got me a gift card for a full body massage. I'll tell you how that goes. Anyway, I received cards, gifts and well wishes from everyone, so Thank you! Karen, I got the picture you sent yesterday, and it is so cute.
I thought this week would slow down, but so far we've just been taking things in and out of the shop- car, t.v., computer. Ah, tis the season
4 comments:
I love reading your blog!
Dad
Boy, Dan is one cool customer. He wins a wii and doesn't even crack a smile? My husband would be bouncing off the wall at that point. :)
Love the tree. We don't haven't bought ours yet. We wanted to do it yesterday but life got in the way. Maybe Thursday...
Where did you learn to make such delicacies as truffles, buckeyes, and other delectible items? And why didn't you make them when you lived at home with us? :-)
I noticed the buckeyes disappeared quickly at Thanksgiving but I thought it was the Bear eating them, not Dan. Perhaps they shared?
So far I've made a batch of fudge and oatmeal scotchies. I've bought the stuff to make other things but since most things tend to disappear from the stovetop or oven straight into someone's mouth (mine, dad's or Bear's) I'm trying to space it out a bit.
"don't haven't bought"? Wow, what else was I doing when I posted that comment?
Nevermind. It doesn't bear thinking about, considering it probably concerns some near catastrophic event caused by Child #2, Child #3 or both of 'em.
Post a Comment