*Here are some pictures of my brother with Roman. Proof that he was here and did hold him. Of course I realized as I was posting these pictures that, once again, Roman is not wearing any clothes. I assure you he's dressed almost every day now. Almost ;)
* We finally sold the Cadillac last week. I lowered the price on Autotrader and that evening we had a lady come purchase it. We got the title in the mail on Tuesday, and I turned in our plates yesterday. What a relief! We're driving the Alero and Camaro right now, and although we will eventually need to replace the Alero, we have time to look around and decide what will be the best vehicle for our next purchase.
* Staying at home with Roman has been an adjustment. I still catch myself in the evening with the mindset that I have to go to work in the morning. It's a bittersweet feeling because I did enjoy my job, but I can't imagine not being able to stay with Roman. I'm glad Dan makes it possible for me to stay home.
*Roman and I have gotten into as much of a routine as a newborn will allow. The weather has been nice, so we try to take a walk everyday. Sometimes we run errands, and sometimes we just walk. I can also put him in the moby and do my cleaning or laundry. He'll fall asleep and just ride along with me. Motion and noise don't bother him at all. In fact- he fell asleep while I was running the vacuum the other day. :)
* I've been using the cloth diapers with Roman for the past two weeks, and I haven't had any problems with them. If I had to make a recommendation, I would say to go with the velcro tabs rather than the snap diapers. The snaps last longer than the velcro, but if you have a wiggly baby, it's almost impossible to get the snaps done. With the velcro it's just like a normal diaper- quick and simple. The best part is Roman doesn't mind them. It saves us a lot of money because this boy can definitely go through some diapers.
*I have my 6 week apt tomorrow. I feel like I'm recovering well, so now I just have to hear what the Dr. thinks.
* Zelda had to go to the vet last week. I was worried about the pressure of her eyes since she's never had that checked and she's had the cataracts for so long. I'm glad I had it checked because her right eye has glaucoma. I have to give her a drop every day to help keep the pressure down. I took her back yesterday and her pressure was lower, which is good. Eventually she might lose her eye, but she's not really using them anyway. It sounds terrible, but the surgery to repair the cataracts is VERY expensive.
* Dan takes the test for his next rank on the 26th of this month. Pray for him to do well
* Roman will get to meet his other set of Grandparents this month. Dan's parents bought their tickets to come visit us. They will be in town March 18-22. We're looking forward to their visit. We love company! *hint hint*
That's my random post for now. Have a great Thursday!
.jpg)
3 comments:
I can't believe you're already ready for your six week check-up. {insert time flies reference here}
I so wish I could be jumping on a plane to your house right now. I really did have the money set aside but real life (and extreme pregnancy) has intervened.
Hats off to you on the cloth diapering - Super Mama!
I'm glad Dan's parents will be there with you soon. :)
I told Grandma and Grandpa that if they found any affordable airline tickets I would travel with them. (Nice of me to invite myself along, right? :) ) Grandma said she would watch like to do that. Ours would of necessity be a late week-to-weekend trip.
I enjoyed Skyping with you the other day. It is so nice to see you face-to-face. It helped your nephew put a face with the name, too.
And it was nice to hear that he is sleeping in his own bed now and not insisting upon constantly occupying yours. (The pack and play counts as "his bed." Anything designated as his sleeping space and apart from yours counts.)
Glad to get a random post from you! I often wonder how you are doing. I can relate to the bittersweetness of staying home. I cant believe it has already been 6 weeks either!
Sorry your dog has glaucoma. I've heard it is very painful. What made you want to have the pressures checked, just the cataracts? I'm wondering if there is anything to look for since my dogs are getting up in age now.
And i agree, hats off to you for doing cloth diapers! I know very very few people who do/did. The extra money it saves isn't worth it to me!
Post a Comment