Saturday, September 22, 2012

Changes & Upgrades

This past week was filled with projects. First, I painted baby's room. It's a light gray, but it has a blue tint to it. I'm digging the color. You can see what the previous color was through the door out in the hallway.
While I was working on the bedroom, Dan was downstairs stripping a dresser that we are going to use for our changing table. I think I had the better project. This dresser had about 5 coats of paint so it was a beast. He still has some more to scrape off, but he ran out of stripper, so he called it a day.
I decided while I had all the paint supplies out that I would go ahead and paint our guest bathroom. Now that this bathroom has a fresh coat of paint, the only project I have left in here is the tile floor. Dan and I are going to try to do that next month. Right, Dan?
The weather has dropped below 100 now, so that must mean it's fall. :) I love this time of year! I started setting out the few fall things I have around the house. It's time for cider, pumpkins, fire pits, caramel popcorn, and NO A.C!
 In other news: We've decided to sell the Cadillac. I know I mentioned selling the Alero (and we're still going to do that), but for now we're going to get rid of the CTS because we can make more money on it. Plus, now that Dan has his Camaro, we don't need three cars, so the CTS lost. Sorry CTS. You're a good car, but this is strictly a financial decision. Nothing personal.

Dan's been making some slight improvements to his Camaro. I generally stay our of the way, but every now and then I'll go out to the garage and see if I can be of some assistance. Ha!

Baby is moving all the time now. He hasn't bothered my sleep yet, but I feel him throughout the day. Every time he's wiggling I try to put Dan's hand over the spot so he can feel it, but so far Baby stops every single time. Already stubborn :)

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Abigail did not like being bothered while in utero and she has remained that way! She would stop every time I wanted the kids to feel her, or wmyone, but it was most important to me for the kids to feel it this time. Anyway, she still hates for anyone to do anything with her. The thing that always worked for Brad was for him to put his ARM around me while we were in bed. That was about the only way we could trick her. :)
Love the paint color too!
P.S. I think your teeth are beautiful!

Vicky said...

I love the paint color, too! I've done some refurbishing, too, and always hated the stripping part!

Kimberly Pitman said...

I love the color!

Dan probably considered the Caddy tainted goods once his mother-in-law drove it. Har-har!

I see by Liz's comment that she has been discussing the ortho issue with you. Hope you don't mind that I told her. (I agree with her that your teeth are beautiful.)