Friday, July 31, 2009

"I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, toto."

On Thursday we drove through the last little bit of Kansas and then made our way into Colorado. Dan's aunt, uncle, and cousin live near Colorado Springs, so we stopped and stayed with them. Here they are in front of their garden:

This is their house:

Here is just a glimpse of their property- they have 35 acres!:
Here is Tarzan, one of their horses:
And here is George, chained up because he wouldn't leave Tarzan alone. *Please note that all the other dogs were behaving and able to run around freely on the property. Poor George:


This is a rainbow that we were able to see that afternoon:
And here is the beautiful sunset we got to see:

We stayed the night and then spent most of Friday with them also. Dan's aunt took us to some beautiful places, but those pictures will have to wait til later.

Time to get back on the road!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Poor Georgie. All those acres and he couldn't leave the horse alone?

Glad you got to see Dan's family. Looks like it's beautiful out there.

Kimberly Pitman said...

The scenery looks gorgeous!

Tell George that Pepper says "hi" and that she misses him. I think I miss him, too, since he kept Pepper occupied. She seems to think that in his absence I should do all the normal doggy things with her.

Your dogs are better traveled than most people I know!

Lisa said...

George did ignore him for awhile and then the temptation was just too much. Must.Play.With.Horse =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sunset is beautiful!!

Morgan

Jennifer said...

I love looking at the pictures! So pretty! Road Trips are so fun.