Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vehicle Blues

We have two vehicles. One I drive all the time and the other is my husband's classic truck. Classic, as in a 1973, ginormous, purple beast. Both are here with me while he is away. With two vehicles at my disposal you would think I'd have no trouble getting from place to place. WRONG!

Let's rewind to a year ago when Dan was deployed for four months. My car started acting up, and no one seemed to know what was wrong with it. During that time I started to drive the truck since I didn't feel comfortable in the car. Well that lasted for a few days before the steering wheel started coming off. Yes folks, I said coming off. I had to hold my palm on the bolt to keep them from coming out, while at the same time turn the wheel with my other hand. Veryveryveryvery nerve racking. Thankfully my friends (this is mainly directed at you, Vicky) took me from auto shop to auto shop and helped me get wherever I needed to go while I got my car fixed, and waited for the parts for the truck.

Of course Dan came back a few months later and all was well.

Fast forward to now. Dan is once again gone for four months. This time I am staying with family so they will help you out whether they want to our not. Isn't family great! Anyhow, once again I cannot drive my car because it needs work. Major work. Thousands of dollars in work. And, once again I have to use the only vehicle available to me- the truck. Wouldn't you know it, I was staying with some church friends last night and when I went to start my truck this morning, the battery was dead. dead dead dead dead dead. And folks, I was located no where evenclose to my parents house. Of course I called my dad and he talked me through jumping it (I'm sure he was close to a heart attack on the other line, while I fiddled with jumper cables), but it was no use. That thing wasn't waking up. So, my dear mom came and got me, and now I am again without Dan and with two vehicles that don't presently work.

Dan, if you're reading this, I am either inventing a teleporter like in Star Trek or you can never leave again.

6 comments:

Karen said...

What? You didn't make Kelly ferry you around?

Such a missed opportunity...

Elisabeth said...

hope you get things staightened out with your vehicles soon! At least you are surrounded by family who will help even when they don't want to!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy! It's nice that you're there where somebody you know is nearby. :)

Morgan

Anonymous said...

Dear humble housewife,

Call your cousin E and he might be able to help you.

Love,
Cousin E

Vicky said...

Vehicles! You can't live with them and you can't live without them!

Oh, btw, Elis.....I would LOVE to be surrounding you right about now, once again!

Anonymous said...

You have about as much luck w/ vehicles as I have w/ making sure the place I get my oil changed at has the stupid filter. Since apparently NOBODY ever has it in stock and I always have to make 2 trips, I wonder why that is?? Plus after they get it you have to babysit them so they won't drain my tranny fluid AGAIN, he idiot was reaching for that again(the reason I didn't call you back the other day) sooo frustrating. Can't wait for you to be out here!