Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Truck Update

So.....went and bought a new battery today for the truck. My brother-in-law was kind enough to install it for me, in the cold, cold rain. But- it didn't work. Nope. The truck still won't even turn over. No lights. No clicking. No nothing. Unless my dad finds something in the morning, I guess I'll have to get it towed to a shop so they can check it out. Which, incidentally, I already made an appointment at a shop to look at my other car on Thursday. So if you happen to think about me during the day, then pray for me, as I have no car to drive, two cars to fix, and not enough money to do to it all with. There- I've said my piece, counted to ten, and now I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked my hubby about your truck predicament. He's a mechanic or at least used to be. Actually worked for a dealership on Cadillac's and Volvo's several years back and still tinkers with our stuff. He said most likely it would be the starter. It has a solenoid on the top of it that could be bad not even letting it click. I always thought they'd at least click. :-) He said it's easier to replace the whole thing and a 73 model shouldn't be that expensive. Another thing that he thought maybe least likely if it's an automatic could be a neutral safety switch. If that's the case then you could try and start it in neutral and if it starts then that's your problem. If it's a manual it has a clutch switch that could be bad. Now this is info I gathered from him as he was preparing to leave for work. I'd had time to read a few blogs last night to unwind and saw where you were having trouble. Any more ? and it may be late tonight before I can get answers. :-) Maybe it will help and you might have already checked all that. Just trying to help.
Take care.
Donna

Anonymous said...

P.S.It also might be the ignition switch. I didn't get much info on how to check that one, He was on his way out the door.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Call me..... I can probably help.

Cousin E

dan said...

you might want to ask about the flux capacitor, those seem to go bad at the wrong time.

Jennifer said...

This has nothing to do with the truck, but I didn't know how to e-mail you. ha ha
Was it you that told me you put Desitin on eczema? I tried it as a "gee wiz" type thing on Savannah, and it REALLY helped!! I've been buying $30 tubes of lotion, and this helped. :)