Thursday, July 24, 2008

Catching up

We have had rain everyday since Sunday, so needless to say I've been suffering from a mild case of cabin fever. Don't get me wrong- I am very grateful for the rain because we need it bad; however, it's always depressing when it's dark and gloomy alldaylong. It did give me a chance to just snuggle up on the couch and read a few books. I finished Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. Karen gave me the book Persuasion quite some time ago and I can't tell you how many times I've started that book- each time getting a little further, but I was never able to finish it. If I leave a book for too long I just start it over, because I'll have forgotten what was really going on. I liked both of the books, but I did think that Northanger Abbey was rather anti-climatic. My favorite Jane Austen book is still Pride and Prejudice.

I have more house work than I care to think about right now. Why is it that I have been cooped up in the house for two days, but have had absolutely NO desire to clean it. It should be spotless right now. Well, I guess not spotless- I do have four dogs.

My friend and I are going to have a yard sale this Saturday, so I've been going through every possible drawer and closet making sure there isn't one more thing I could get rid of. My sorting style is this: If I don't feel like moving it-it's gone!

Anyway- happy Thursday to everyone!

No comments: