Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Catching up

Well the holiday is over and now I'm getting back to my normal schedule (whatever that may be). I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. Dan's parents got in on Wednesday and stayed for a few days. Thursday, Sarah and I went to the pool while Steve and Dan worked on his trans am. Then that evening the base had their fireworks so we went to see them. Friday we drove down to the Morehead city. The weather was great, and the water was perfect, but the beach was packed. We stayed for a few hours (until we were roasted), and then we packed up and headed home. After dinner, the city of Goldsboro had a fireworks show, so we got to see fireworks again. I liked their show the best.

Steve and Sarah left early of Saturday, so Dan and I just bummed around the house. I can't remember that last time we were so lazy. We watched movies and ate junk food all day. It was awesome. Finally around 6pm we did manage to get ourselves up off the couch to head over to walk around the mall. Dan bought a short sleeve dress shirt, and I bought....... nothing. Can you even believe that?!

We had a surprise when we got to the car and tried to leave-it wouldn't start. No sputtering. No weird nose. Nothing. We got someone to jump our battery, but that failed to work. Seeing no other choice, we walked over to autozone and purchased a new battery. Dan installed it and we were hoping, but when we turned the key the car still did nothing. We decided to get it towed and have a mechanic look at it Monday, so we just hitched a ride with friends and left the car there in the mall parking lot.

When we got home, Dan looked up our problem on the Internet and low and behold it seemed like it might just be the security system keeping us from starting the car. Actually, there is a whole section about it in our owners manual, so yesterday morning we headed back to the mall, and after trying what the manual suggested, the car started right up. I was so relieved that we didn't have to take it to a shop to have it fixed. I was just imagining the checking account being emptied, but we didn't have to. All we ended up spending was for the battery, which we really did need anyway. Thank you Lord!

Well that's it for now. George keeps ringing the bells- so I think that means he's serious about wanting outside. We'll see.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Just exactly what "wall" did you walk around?

:)

Lisa said...

I fixed it miss smarty pants