Dan and I went to Raleigh last night to pick up a friend from the airport. On the way home (I was driving) a car pulled right out in front of us. I had no time to stop and I was in the left lane so I swerved the car into the median and slammed on the brakes. We do know the brakes work because we went from 60-0 fairly quickly.We were all catching our breath and trying to realize what had just happened, but the more I think about it the more I am grateful for many things 1) the median was grass and not cement or wall for that matter 2) nobody hit us from behind (there was a semi behind us) 3) there was a median available and we didn't just get pushed into oncoming traffic 4) There was a sign in the median I thought we'd hit, but the car stopped just shy of it. 5) Excellent tires and brakes!
Good thing I don't believe in luck!
On a different note- it's a scorcher today. I'm still getting estimates from different A.C. companies before we decide. Evidently the A.C unit we have right now isn't the right size for our house, but we could've told you that to begin with. I can't wait to see what the house feels like with a new, more efficient machine. I'll feel so spoiled.
Anyhow, I think I'll just go relax at the pool. I've been reading all morning and I could use some sun. Man, if I would have known it would be this much fun to not have a job, I would have quit a long time ago. Of course having a wonderful hubby who lets me stay at home always helps!
3 comments:
Wow! This is the kind of post that has me trembling as I respond! I'm not sure I can say much of anything except for a breathed prayer of thanksgiving that all of you are safe.
Mom
Your life is so exciting. My post for today would look like this:
blew my nose, slept, blew my nose, laid down, etc.
It's been one of those days.
Hello Lisa,
I'm Donna. I met your family years ago when you were very young in Ky at a revival service in and a few times after that at Newby. One of the girls played the piano and your family sang. I remember how cute you guys were.
Your dogs are so sweet. We've got a beagle named Jessie and a border collie aussie mix named Trapper.
I enjoy your sisters blog. Nice meeting you again in the blog world.
Take care.
Donna
Post a Comment