Thursday, June 12, 2008

Air conditioner update

Well I have a few estimates in about the air conditioner and it looks like it'll be about $3800. The estimates vary by about $50, but at this point I don't think that small difference matters. Every place is offering me the exact same unit which I think is rather interesting. I thought there would be more choices, like when you shop for shoes. I mean, they don't even offer you different colors!

I have one more company coming today and then I'll make my choice. I'm starting to get really excited about the new unit (not as excited as when we bought the t.v, but close). Plus, we get a new digital thermostat. Our house is going to be soooo high tech now.

For the past week we have had the mattress set up in the back living room because it's the coldest room during the day (for Dan to sleep). The dogs are trying to adjust to the new night time schedule. Some dogs are doing better than others *cough....zelda...cough*. Usually I put them to bed and then go to bed myself; however, I've been sleeping out in the living room also, and they just don't know what to do. Poor Zelda is just beside herself (not that this is abnormal). She likes things the way she likes them (like me) and she's all flustered by the change. Hopefully we'll get the new a.c unit installed soon, so Zelda can have her sleeping arrangements back to normal. The other dogs are doing better with it. Zeus wanders between the bedroom and living room all night trying to decide the best place to sleep (usually he ends up on a couch). Onyx and George (who really can't be inconvenienced anyway) tend to find the warmest and softest place to snuggle in. This usually means I wake up with them both on my bed, George practically on top of me, stealing my pillow and Onyx with her feet jabbing me in the side. Dan just doesn't know what he's missing at night.

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but we had a nice thunderstorm last night and there is quite a bit of plant debris in the yard. I should probably make an effort and go clean it up. I tell you the fun just never stops......

1 comment:

Karen said...

Philip just changed us over to a digital thermostat this week. It makes a huge difference even without a new a/c.

Poor Zelda. What a ditz...I mean perfectly sweet dog.