We have been home 9 days now, and we are quickly adjusting to life with an infant. Roman makes the adjustment smoother because he's a fairly easy-going baby. He loved being swaddled the first few days, but now he's too mature for that and prefers to have his arms and legs free to move. After all, swaddling is for babies ;)
The first few days we were home, we still had to go to the Dr to have Roman weighed. He wasn't having as many dirty diapers as the doctor wanted, and he was jaundice. The Dr pulled blood on him to check his levels. His blood work came back in the normal range but the Dr still wanted to check his weight again the following day. Thankfully, my milk came in that night so by the next morning Roman had gained 130grams. The normal weight gain is 30grams a day, so as you can see, he can eat like a champ
On Thursday I went into work for a few hours so I could finalize my paperwork. I took Roman with me so the girls could see him, and of course they were thrilled I'd brought him. We didn't get much work done.
This weekend we took him with us to watch a UFC fight on Saturday night, and the Super Bowl on Sunday night. Roman is desensitized to noise and commotion, so he slept through a majority of these events.
Dan took time off work to stay home with us, and it's made a HUGE difference. It's been much easier for me to adapt to life with a newborn with Dan here at the house. He keeps things running smoothly around the house.
The dogs have adjusted nicely as well. They love the baby, and except for the occasional kiss they try to sneak in, everybody goes about their business as usual.
And that is life around here. We're all happy and healthy. :)
3 comments:
It seems like we always had some sort of issue with our babies that caused extra doctor runs. Things always turned out fine, though, and I'd rather have a doctor who is on top of things than one that ignores symptoms. It's the doctors who scare new mothers half out of their wits that I don't like!
I can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!
Glad everything is going so well!
I feel I must warn you that the best babies make the Rascally-est toddlers, though. Just thought you might want to prepare. ;)
I love Karen's warning. Add the fact that he is a boy and you have even more rascally-ness. :) She will know soon enough, too! wait until Dan goes back to work, you will have to adjust all over again. I was an emotional wreck after having Abigail. I cried like a baby over Brad leaving me to go back to work.
Post a Comment