Saturday, August 11, 2012

San Diego

We took a few days off last week to relax in sunny San Diego. We stayed at the naval base on Coronado, so we were able to enjoy all the small shops and restaurants that were within walking distance. What two days we did drive our car into downtown we went to Balboa Park and the zoo. I apologize if some of the pictures are not the best quality, but that's what I get for using my phone. Enjoy!

On Thursday we went to Balboa Park. The park is massive, and it's filled with museums, gardens, walking trails, dog parks, and anything else you can think off. It also has some incredible architecture.


For most of the morning we just walked around enjoying the sights, but we did finally pay to go in the history museum and see the Titanic exhibit. I've seen it before, but it's still interesting.


On Saturday we went to the Zoo. It's a beautiful Zoo, but it is definitely a hike. Some of the exhibits have very steep climbs. I got a good leg workout. :)

This Hippo looked very grumpy
 Playful Polar Bear. She was a show off
 They have Giant Pandas! And yes- I did make Dan wait in a semi-long line to see them...even if they were just sleeping :)
 Sweet little Koala. In my mind I would love to take one home to cuddle with, but I doubt they are truly cuddle bugs. O well. A girl can dream
The brown bear was hanging out in the shade.
The Elephant exhibit is quite large....just like the elephants
The name of this animal has escaped me. He looks very suspicious though. Probably shouldn't be trusted, if you ask me.
 Mr. Meerkat. I was positive he was trying to find a way out of the exhibit
 One of my favorites: the Giraffe
 The Kangaroos were being lazy.

The rest of the vacation was spent watching the Olympics, napping (a lot), eating (a lot), and walking the beach. It's always sad when vacations end, but I'm always glad to see my puppies when we get home!


1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Lots of travel on your itinerary! :)