Dan will be home soon! I'm super duper excited, but I still have a few projects I need to finish. One of those projects was redoing the patio, and having rocks delivered. Perhaps you remember what the back yard looked like when we first moved in. If you don't you can go here for a quick reminder. Bare Bare Bare. Since the move we've put in some trees and some plants ( I can't tell you how many times I've had to replace plants due to the male dogs "marking" them). I'll post picture of those when I can get this camera to upload pictures without freezing.
Anyway.... I had a local nursery deliver 2 tons of paver sand, and 3 tons of large rocks on Saturday. I had all the equipment I needed. Wheelbarrow-check. Gloves- check. Shovels- check. I was ready. However, after lugging sand into the back yard for most of the afternoon, I was exhausted. I made sure to drink lots and lots of water (this is the desert after all) but if I sat down for a few minutes to rest, I could barely move when I tried to get up. Talk about stiff. There was no way I was going to be able to move the rocks all by myself. So I called my friend, Becca, to see if she could help me. She graciously agreed, and we decided to finish after Church on Sunday.
On Sunday, we went to our usual early service, and then we went to have breakfast (it's what we do). After breakfast we came back to my house and started working. It took us a few hours, but we managed to get everything in the backyard. I am so grateful for Becca's help. She is a wonderful friend. I don't even want to imagine how long that would have taken me by myself. I shudder just thinking about it.
And now the backyard is one step closer to being finished. It now has a nice border of large red rocks, and I'm laying all my pavers. Again, I will post a picture when the camera allows me to do so. Until then, you'll just have to take my word for it, that it looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Have a safe week, Everyone!
4 comments:
You be very careful, young lady, moving that stuff around! Your back is very precious! There......did that sound motherly enough? :D Can't wait to see pictures! Dan will be so thankful!
I lifted with my knees lol :)
LOL! Good job! :D
Yay! The back yard is almost finished AND Dan is coming home! Smiles all around!!!!!
Post a Comment