Sunday, May 22, 2011

How Time Flies

If you live to be a hundred, I want
To live to be a hundred minus one day,
So I never have to live without you
.

Winnie the Pooh


Today Dan and I celebrate 7 years of marriage. It's bittersweet because he's not here to celebrate with me. Plus this is the first anniversary he's missed. I wish I could say he'll never miss another one, but I wont say that. I know I can't say that. But what I can say, is that I love him more than anything else. And whether we're spending the day together, or far apart, it doesn't change how much he means to me.

The past 7 years have been a whirl wind of packing, unpacking, leaving friends, making new friends, buying and selling our first house, buying a new house :), leaving our churches, finding a new church, living in an apartment (boo), traveling across the country many times, changing jobs,  accumulating furry friends, transporting those furry friends around the country, seeing a lot of the USA from the car window, or seeing a lot of the USA in person.

Our marriage, like all marriages, has had its ups and downs. But it's how you come thru the "downs" that really build a marriage. The old saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is definitely true. But I'm also a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so I'm very grateful that God put us together to go through the hard parts. It just makes the good parts even better. :)

"Writers say that love is concerned only with young people, and the excitement and glamor of romance end at the altar. How blind they are. The best romance is inside marriage; the finest love stories come after the wedding, not before".
Irving Stone


Marriage is messy.

It's hard work.

But it's worth it.


Happy Anniversary, Dan! I love and miss you! And I can't wait to see you coming off that plane. I'll be the one jumping up and down ;)

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm so happy that Dan will soon be home! And we're looking forward to your visit later this year. :)

Vicky said...

GREAT post! I agree!

So glad Dan will be home soon for you!