Wow- is it May already? I'm not sure where the months have gone, but that's okay, because that means the end of this deployment is around the corner. Dan should be home in a few weeks, and I am SUPER excited. With that said, I've been trying to wrap up all my projects before he gets home. I can't wait to post pictures of all the work I've done, but I want it to be a surprise for Dan, so the pictures will have to wait a little longer. :(
In other news: I ran my first 5k last Saturday. I'm not a runner- in fact, I hate running. Hate it. But I thought that training for the 5k would help build up my cardio. I typically do strength and flexibility training at the gym, so my cardio is lacking. The race went really well. I finished faster than I was hoping, so I was a happy girl. Who knows- there may be another 5k in my future.
I'm still working 5 days a week. I haven't decided if I will return to my old 4 days schedule after Dan comes back, but for now the schedule works. I'm filling in for our receptionist right now, so I don't have any good vet stories. I'm eagerly awaiting her return, because I feel like I'm attached to the front desk and phone. Not my thing. I'd rather be in the back working with the animals.
Well that's my update for now. Happy Tuesday, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment