Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Cheap Weekend

Normally Dan and I can spend quite a lot of money eating out on any one particular weekend. We love going on dates, eating with friends, or just getting out of the house. So when we knew we'd have a four day weekend, I was a little worried about how expensive it would be. All that worrying was in vain (side note; it always is anyway) because we ended up having a very inexpensive, but wonderful weekend.  Here's how it all played out
*Thursday we got up and went to eat at a buffet for breakfast. Military was free and I was only $8. We grilled steaks for dinner. Total with tip: $10
*Friday we both volunteered at the air show. We got bagels for breakfast $2 and Starbucks to warm us up $7. Although I would have rather passed on the food at the air show, we were both starving and needed something to eat. Prices, of course, were inflated like any special event normally is. I got a hotdog $4, and Dan got a rice and noodle plate for $8. We had Catfish for dinner. Total: $21
*Saturday morning I made waffles. In the evening we had people over for a fight on TV and we ordered pizza. I picked carryout so I could have it quicker, but 1 hour later, we were the proud owners of 2 free pizzas, and breadsticks. Total: 0

Today we're eating the leftover pizza for lunch and having porkchops for Dinner. Total: 0

This makes our grand total for the whole 4 day weekend $31. I can live with that

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

we tend to spend a lot of money on the weekend too! $31 is pretty awesome, considering one meal out is rarely less than that for our family! We're working on eating out less and spending less money weekly at the grocery store. But I really think it's a lose lose situation with the way prices are raising!

Kimberly Pitman said...

We ate at Bob Evans yesterday for brunch (that was my 1 meal) and we paid with that gift card that I found a couple of months ago. It felt awesome to pay ZERO and with a "found" card!

Glad you had a great weekend. :)

Vicky said...

Great job on the thriftiness! Even a meal at McD's is over $10 for 2 people now!