Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Various Items

*I got my cartilage pierced in my left ear. Very unlike me, but I was feeling adventurous one day, so my friend went with me and also had hers done. I haven't had my ear peirced in 12 years, but so far so good.

*I went and had my hair cut and styled. It's still longer, but it was boring me to tears, so I had the style changed.

*Drove to Phoenix this past weekend. Rode a mechanical bull at a restaurant on Friday night. Had lots of bruises on Saturday morning. Also while we were in town, Dan and I drove down to base to see if our old house was still there. It was, and it looked pitiful. Poor little house.....

*I'm having NO luck with finding a job. I feel like all I do is put in applications, but I haven't gotten any calls. If I could just get a job, then we could get into an apartment (Right now we're still living with friends), which leads me to my next point.....

*We still haven't sold our house! I am praying and praying that it sells soon, because I really want to finally get a place of our own and have all our things again. I have been living out of a suitcase for far too long, and I've never been more ready to get back to "normal".

*It's finally getting a little cooler here, so I'm going to try to be outside more. The past few weeks I've had HORRIBLE cabin fever (as if you couldn't tell from this post). I have no job, I don't want to go out cause then you usually spend money, and it's been too hot to just do anything outdoors. 

*Pray for us! It gets really discouraging sometimes when there is no end in sight and really nothing you can do about it. I don't want to focus on the negative because there is SO much to be thankful for, I know, but just keep us in your prayers.

Have a happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know it was an ear cartilage piercing and not your naval, eyebrow, nose, or upper lip.

It sounds like we might not recognize you anymore what with the new piercing, different hairstyle, bruises and all. :)

Anyone living in your little house on base these days? It is always somewhat overwhelming to absorb the feelings of nostalgia that visiting an earlier residence brings.

I do pray for you daily and I'll certainly keep it up! We covet your prayers also.

Love,

Mom

Vicky said...

Hi Lisa,
Did you ever look at Dave Ramsey's site for the ELP (Endorsed Local Provider) for a Real Estate Agent here in NC? I think you should since none of yours have worked out! Praying your house in NC sells soon!

Karen said...

Now I'm the only sister who has never had cartilage pierced. Urge to conform is strong in me so I guess I'll have to get on that. ;)

Lovin' you lots and lots! :)

Lisa said...

Mom- Don't worry, you wouldn't even really notice I got my hair cut. It's not that different. :)

Vicky- I have been to Dave's website, but we do like this current realtor. Our home is just not selling due to the market I guess. Thanks though!

Karen- Just make sure it's done on the side you don't sleep on while it heals. Also, my hoop seems to be easier to take care of then a post. Although, if you do get a hoop, take if from me and make sure you don't catch it in a comb or brush! :{