Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life in Las Vegas

We had our first visitors this past weekend. Dan's sister and her husband won a trip to Vegas, so they stayed down on the strip at Planet Hollywood. We picked his sister up at the airport on Friday night and from then on we were with them almost non-stop. We all had a great time together but I felt like all I was ever doing was eating! The buffets in the casinos are amazing. We did see two shows: one magic and one comedy. Neither show was our first choice, but since it was labor day weekend the shows were either already sold out or they were closed for the holiday. It isn't a big deal for us, because we live only a few minutes away so we can catch them any time, but I know Dan's sister was dissapointed about not being able to see certain shows. I know they'll be back though, so we'll plan ahead next time.

We walked up and down and up and down and up and down the strip numerous times. Obviously it's the most beautiful at night with all the lights. We watched some of the free shows along the strip. Every hour there is the amazing fountain display in front of the Bellagio. Treasure Island also has a pirate show out front. The mirage has a volcano eruption, but we missed that one. Also you can go indoors and see some interesting things. The MGM Grand has a live lion habitat inside. The mall inside Planet Hollywood has a thunderstorm diplay. Those are just a few things I've discovered so far.

Dan's sister was interested in getting away from the strip for a while so  we went to Hoover Dam and we also took them a couple of times to the house we're staying at in North Las Vegas. They flew out on Wednesday, and we can't wait for them to come back! Next time maybe you can stay at OUR house =)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great that you guys have lots and exciting things to do! I can't wait to go back east where we will be closer to fun things!

Karen said...

But...but...when can I come and do all that stuff? Sounds like tons 'o fun to me!

We'll have to keep our eyes on those airfares...

Vicky said...

I would LOVE to see pictures of Sarah and her husband! Glad you had a great time with them!