Thursday, May 21, 2009

First days in Cali

I'm Here! In California, that is. After a long flight, I landed at LAX at 10:15. This was actually 45 minuted before our scheduled arrival, and although I have plenty of experience with late flights, I have never had a plane be so early. It was great. Of course I ended up using all that extra time waiting for my luggage and the shuttle to my rental car agency (can we say hassle?). But once I got on the road I had no problems. Traffic wasn't bad at all. Congested like you would expect in a big city, but everyone kept moving. Most of my ease in traffic was due to the fact that Dan's sister let me borrow her GPS unit. It's nice when you don't have to constantly check a paper to figure out where you need to exit. Thanks, Jennifer!

Yesterday I didn't really do too much. Mainly because I was exhausted, but also because Dan was still in school when I got here. Once I got to my hotel (after a failed attempt to check into a different hotel) I unpacked my things and just waited for Dan to get done. He got out around 4, and by that time I was starving due to our time difference. He took me to a local sushi place. Love it. However, by 8:30 Dan was starving again, so we went to an Ihop for some pancakes. I'm pretty sure if we keep eating like this I'll be nice and plump by the time I head home. It would be worth it though. I love food.......

Dan's teachers gave everybody Friday off, so now we have a whole extra day to fill. I'll probably just make him take me to the beach, or drive down interstate 1 which hugs the ocean. Oh, decisions decision......its a hard life. ;)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like an adventure. We expect more updates soon.

In other news, I went over to our sister's house tonight and your massive dog jumped on me = scratched & bruised my arm. Just thought you should know...

;)

Kimberly Pitman said...

Glad you made it safely. Must be some story behind trying to check into the wrong hotel, but you can save it for when you get back here.

Zelda and Onyx say "hi." And also they want to know, did you really mean for them to spend hours outside in the kennel? They'd like to file a grievance. :)

In other news, Karen and I took the girls to the zoo again yesterday to see the Zoo Babies. They mentioned several times that they missed you.