Monday, November 17, 2008

Second try

Let's try this again. I sat down around 11ish today and was working on this post, but then the phone rang and that started a whole chain of events that have kept me away from the blog. So now I'll try to figure out what I was going to say in the first place, and try not to just ramble along (too late!).

I really wanted to update everyone about Dan's new job. His paperwork was approved to cross train and they are letting him become an auto mechanic. If anyone knows Dan at all then they know this will be the perfect job for him. He'll finally get all the knowledge and training he needs for his one true love (besides me, of course!). Plus, this job should allow him to be on a regular schedule. Oh how I've dreamed of this moment. A normal day shift schedule, where he gets to sleep at home during the night, work during the day, and come home for dinner. It.will.be.amazing.

Now we start getting ready for the changes that are coming next year. Dan will go to California for almost 4 months starting in March. I'm not going with him because it'll just be too much of a hassle. I'm in charge of getting the house ready to sell and put on the market. We don't know where we will be going once he changes jobs, and they could just keep us here, but either way we are moving houses. I am very excited. I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into a new house. The rooms in this house are such that I can't do any rearranging, and I've already painted almost every room twice (no joke), so now it's time for a change. Plus, I just MUST have a trampoline, and I can't in this back yard.

Since we know we are putting the house up for sale in the next few months, I finally put up the baseboard and crown moulding in the family room, and in the kitchen. It only took us three years, and the threat of moving away to get it done. I promise to never wait that long again.

We have two of the cars for sale right now, so please pray that they sell. I'd really like to slim down our fleet in case we do move across the country.

Well dinner needs to be made, and dogs need to be let outside.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I have lots of painting and redecorating projects that need to be done just in case you get bored or something. :)