I wish I were blogging more.
I have the time.
I just don't feel there is much to say.
But, I felt I should update everyone on our move.
Our home sold, and it was a very quick and painless process. With the money we made on the house, we were able to stick some in savings and buy a new (to us) truck, and pay off the Camaro. Now we officially own 3 cars again. And now we get to figure out how to move them all the Cali. I think the Camaro will be staying in Vegas until we get settled.
One of our biggest concerns that always comes with moving is getting our dogs situated. This involved driving back to Cincinnati with four dogs and a baby. What can I say about the drive there and back. It. Was. Terrible. Horrible, freezing weather, spinning out and getting stuck in the snow, being towed, busting out the back glass of the camper, moving all the dogs to the cab, having a wheel try to fall off, being towed-again, stopping at a sleazy motel, immediately packing up and moving to a different hotel, needing a cab with a baby and a dog while the truck was being repaired, almost hitting cows in the middle on the night in Kansas (there was a herd in the road), the windshield wiper fluid freezing, and the headlights not wanting to work. That's all I can think of right now. It was awful. But- the dogs are now in their temporary homes, and everyone seems content. It really does make a huge difference for us, when we know we don't have to worry about the dogs. Zelda is still with us, but she's easy, so I don't foresee any problems while we move.
Currently we are in Vegas... at least for a few more weeks. Paperwork delays and testing dates are keeping us here until the 27th of this month. After those things are complete we should be headed to Port Hueneme. Starting the 7th of April, Dan will be training at another base for a month. It's only a few hours away from Port Hueneme, so we are hoping to do some house hunting on the weekends. The plan right now it to buy a home again, but if that fails, we will rent. The trick with renting is finding a place that will allow the dogs, so I'm praying very, very hard that the Lord will let us find a place to buy.
That's the update for now. I know God cares about the little details just as much as He does the big ones so keep us in your prayers. Pray for Dan as he tests in a few weeks, and for his training and new job. Pray for me and Roman that we will adjust quickly, and make some new friends. And pray for our housing situation- that no matter if we rent or buy, we can have a place with all our dogs. :)
Happy Wednesday!
2 comments:
Your posts are always so similar to our problems. Praying things go smoothly!
I knew most of the traveling stuff. Except that cows part. I hadn't heard that. Hmm. You really must elaborate sometime, preferably by phone or Skype. ;)
I'm getting ready to mail you your mail. Some of it looks important. I'm guessing the address is the one on the back of the thank you note we got yesterday.
Love ya!
Post a Comment