....Hello 2014!
Wow! 2013 was quite a year for us! We had our sweet, baby boy. I quit my job. Dan got deployed. Dan also received a new assignment to California. I listed our home. We sold our home.
If I'm honest, 2013 was a bit of a blur. I know that's how life goes, but I must say, I really felt like this past year was on warp speed.
Regarding the sale of our house: we have our home inspection tomorrow. The buyer already said they won't ask for any repairs, so I'm not worried much about the inspection. The closing is set for the end of the month, so I've begun the tedious project of packing. So. Many. Boxes. I have actually been selling things since the summer. Lots of things. But now that I'm packing I've realized we still have too much. Dan says it's all mine, but I beg to differ. Since he's not here to pack, I'm sure he would notice how much was truly his if I didn't bother moving it. Mmmkay?
I've had to order Roman's first birthday cake. Yes, his 1st birthday! I'm not going to do a big party since we will most likely be out of the house already, but I did want him to have a smash cake. My dear friend, Heather, is doing his party cakes. I can't wait to show you! She makes the most amazing cakes.
My plan has always been to buy Roman a Little Tikes Cozy Truck for his birthday. Now that we sold the house, everything will be packed, so I'm not sure a giant truck is the best idea right now. Maybe I should buy it early so he can enjoy it for a few weeks before it has to be stored. :(
Dan is moving to day shift, so we will be on opposite schedules. It's good for him if he need to get things done on base, but it makes it harder to Skype since Roman will be sleeping most of the time. I'm sure we will figure something out. Roman likes to see Dan on the screen. Dan was even able to get the giggles out of Roman through the computer. I don't think we'll have any problems when we're finally all together again. :)
So that is the news around here. Happy New Year!
I'm off to resume packing.....
4 comments:
Happy New Year!
Is there any way to have the Cozy Truck sent here then move it to Cali? We've got driveway....We've got his cousins to caravan with....Just saying. :)
Wish we were closer - I consider myself an expert box packer these days. ;) And the idea of packing your stuff sounds more fun than packing my own. Can't believe we're both moving in the same month!
I could use an expert packer also!! I have so much stuff that I need to sell also but I am packing everything up and will sell when we get to NC, which will likely be 5 months from now. I've already told Brad I am going to have a huge yard sale and use the money to decorate in my beloved rustic lodge theme. =)
Life always seems on fast forward these days for most everyone! We love skyping with the grandkids!
Post a Comment