Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Days

Summer is officially wrapping up. I can tell because our neighborhood is getting quieter. If you live in a normal part of the country, you're probably getting out the sweaters and preparing for fall. Sadly we usually miss out on that nice crisp fall air that signifies fall has arrived. The smell outside (you know what I'm talking about). Our temps will stay in the 100's or 90's for another month maybe two. Although I hate cold weather (which makes me glad we live somewhere with mild winters) I really do miss fall days.

Anyway........

Our summer was lovely, but busy. We enjoyed: BBQs, swimming, visiting friends and family, two different weddings, stargazing and meteor showers, trips to the park and many more things.

This has been my first summer staying home with Roman, and it's been great. We have a lot of fun. He's crawling, so now he is into everything. The dogs are constantly seeking higher ground. :)

Dan is back to the daily grind. Next week he will be doing PT testing so his schedule will be a little more open. Since I have the car on Fridays (It's Camaro Friday for Dan), I try to take Roman over to base so we can visit Dan at work. We never stay very long, but Dan and his co-workers like to see Roman, and Roman enjoys being adored ;)

A few weeks ago, after returning from vacation, I started watching my friend's daughter. Her little girl is only 3 months, so I definitely have my hands full with the two babies. They both seem to be sympathetic criers. Thankfully I only have her for four hours each days, so that helps. I could not do this all day. For now it's ok, but we will see if I can still do it after a few months.

I'll leave you with some pictures of Roman and his new buddy
 He insisted on showing her how his toys work

See you Sunday when Roman is 7 Months old! Oh, my!

3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

What a gentleman! He showed her how to play with the toys. (Love the picture!)

I noticed George, the nanny dog, in the background. :)

I miss you guys. Hope we can Skype soon.

Karen said...

Yep, you definitely have your hands full.

Ditto on the Skype thing. Skype playdate soon!

Elisabeth said...

I tried babysitting a 3 month old when Abigail was 10 months old...it only lasted a week!