* I installed new tile in the bathroom. I think everyone has seen the pictures already but if you haven't, here it is again.
It makes me happy :)
*I ordered rocks for the backyard. Ten ton of rock, and two ton of sand, to be exact. This is what it looked like after it was delivered.
And I know what you're thinking, "Why would you order rocks when Dan can't help you?" Two reasons: we finally had the sprinkler systems installed and I wanted the lines covered with rocks so the dogs don't ruin anything, and I wanted to get this done before it's 100 degrees outside. So this left no time to wait for Dan to heal. My friend, Cassidy, helped me on Sunday night and Monday. We finally had a neighbor join in last night with his two sons, and they helped us knock out the last of the rocks and the sand.
* Dan got the good news today that he no longer has to wear his sling! Yay! This means he can drive again. I think I'm more excited about this fact than he is. I.Am.Sick.Of.Driving.
*We made our last payment on our stupid loan from Goldsboro! Woot Woot! It's so satifying making the "last" payment on anything.
*Since Dan's surgery we've been sleeping dowstairs in the livingroom. He sleeps in his recliner, and I sleep on the couch. He gets the recliner to himself. I, however, share the couch with these two:
Once we move back upstairs, I'll still have to share the bed with this bum:
And finally- to wrap this post up, here's a picture of George after a long day at the office.



.jpg)

3 comments:
So when you order gravel, they drop it on the side of the road? Interesting...I can't recall ever having gravel delivered but we have gone with a trailer and got our own gravel several times. I guess the difference is that we can drive right up to where we want to put the gravel and drop it right there.
I could look at George pictures all day long. We should write a children's book about George (and Princess Onyx). It'd be a hoot.
Miss you!
I'm relieved to know all the sand and rock made it to the appropriate places in the back yard. Is it just a coincidence that Dan found out that the sling could come off after you completed the work, hmm? :)
I never thought I'd hear you say (or, see you write, as in this case) that you are sick of driving. Thought I'd faint for sure!
Miss talking to you. Give us a call sometime.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment