Dan and I wanted to go hiking today. We haven't been hiking together since last year, so we were definitely overdue. Today we decided to go near Mt. Charleston instead of Red Rock. We also decided to take Zeus with us, because he loves to hike, and he's the most well behaved.
On the drive there, one of the trails caught my eye. It led to "Mary Jane Falls" which sounded like fun to us. With our route decided, we started our trek up to the falls. The marker at the beginning stated the hike was "strenuous", but we thought we'd tackle it anyway. :) The path started out relatively flat, but about 30 minutes into it, the path took a sharp turn. Straight.Up. We spent the next hour zig-zaging up the side of the mountain. We had to stop a few times to give Zeus water and let him rest (and I needed a break as well if we're going to be honest). It was hard work, but eventually we made it to the top. The "waterfall" was more like a trickle, but the view was amazing, and the area was beautiful. Here are a few of the pictures from WAY up there.
3 comments:
Poor Zeus! He looks like he's wondering why me?!
Looks like fun! Wish we could have been there with you all.
We're taking the girls and the Fenster to Cumberland Falls on Friday. They're pretty excited about it and I'm happy we don't have to do a lot of hiking. ;)
The pictures are beautiful and I'm really looking forward to hiking a bit with you again when we visit but feel free to avoid this one. I'm not too proud to say that I need a more um, "geriatric" trail. :)
Post a Comment