Friday, July 2, 2010

Coming out of hiding

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's been so hot outside I've been unable (or unwilling, whichever way you look at it) to sit poolside and connect to the interent.

Here is what's been going on around here:

*Our closing is still set for the 16th. There have been a few set backs and a lot of time spent on the phone tracking people down. We had a few days when we thought we'd lose the house due to our broker's lack of motivation, but hopefully that's all behind us.

*George is staying with one of my co-workers now, and I'm not sure I'll get him back. They love him. They have four other dogs at their house, but that doesn't seem to matter. He fits right in. Even the original plans of keeping him in his crate have fallen away and now he's roaming around when he wants to, and sleeping in their bed. Ahh....George- what a lovable guy. :)

*We put in our notice at the apartment, so we're starting the process of moving (again). Hopefully this move won't be too hard since we have two weeks to get everything out of the apartment and the storage unit.

*I'm working entirely at the vet now and it's wonderful. I work Monday- Thursday and I love my schedule. I'm still running a room for clinic on Wednesday and Thursdays, but now that I'm there more frequently I've been able to assist with surgeries again. Last week I was able to do a dental on a military dog for the first time. It was great, and I'm looking forward to learning new things.

*Dan was finally able to go try out the MMA gym he's been dying to go to. He really enjoyed it, so once we get settled in the house I think he'll start going regularly.

*Zelda is still her regular ol' crazy self. It's been a lot of fun having only her, but I think deep down even she is ready to see the other dogs again. Well.....maybe deep deep down.

*I'm sorry for any birthday's or anniversarys I have missed or forgotten. I've been very absent-minded lately with everything going on, and I hate to forget things like that!

Well that's it for now. Happy Friday, everyone!

And in case I don't get to post again- HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I loved working in surgery! It was way better than doing rooms, if you ask me.

Pastor David Pitman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor David Pitman said...

Thanks for the update. Don't worry about forgetting stuff cause you remembered my birthday and that's the important one ;)

Vicky said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy that you will be in your new house soon!