Well folks, I've been here over a week now. I've been keeping busy, although I can't even begin to tell you what I've been doing- mostly because I don't remember. I try not to take my car out to much because it needs work and I don't want it breaking on me. I usually ride along with my mom and just go with whatever they're doing. She doesn't seem to mind that I tag along.
Saturday night we had a scare. George is staying with my youngest sister, and he ran away from her, following a deer into the woods. Of course I should tell you this took place around midnight, so not the best time to be looking for a dog. After a long search we gave up (due to exhaustion and conditions), and decided to go home. On the drive home I decided to try one more street and would you believe it- there was the little bugger walking down the road. Perfect timing. So we returned him to my sister (so she would sleep), and made our way home. Needless to say we were moving slow on Sunday morning.
At Church Sunday there were two young people that came forward on professions of faith. What a blessing! There had just been at an all nighter the previous Friday night, so pray that the seed was sown and more young people will be convicted of their sins.
On the subject of prayer, please pray for my mammaw. She hasn't been feeling well, so they ran some tests, and it looks like she'll need to have her gallbladder taken out. I'm sure she's relieved to know what is causing her pain, but I doubt anyone looks forward to surgery.
My friend, Annie, came through her surgery well, and her tumors were not cancerous. That is definitely a praise! Thank you all for your prayers and just continue to think of her as she heals.
I still haven't really heard anything about our house in NC. I think our realtor is having an open house on Sunday, but he's not very communicative, so who knows. I hope our homes sells soon, so I can wrap up all these loose ends in NC. Moving is such a pain.
Dan is set up in Cali, and he's made some friends. Three of him classmates will be in Nevada with him, so that really nice to already know some of the people you'll be working with before you even get there. He was driving around LA the other night which, quite frankly, freaks me out a bit. BE CAREFULL! I'm planning on visiting at the end of May and it couldn't come soon enough.
I have Dan's address if you want it, but it'll change after his first class, so I'll keep you updated. Happy Wednesday, everyone!
2 comments:
So glad you found George! I've been praying for your friend Annie. I'll pray for your mammaw, too. I hope you are survivin' the separation. Ugh...it stinks!
hey there, that sounds like something schnitzel or oscar would do but not georgey porgey. joe has made it to afghanistan savely although he's now feeling a bit under the weather. sounds like you and that car have no luck!(that is every time dan leaves)
Post a Comment