Well we've had a busy past week, so this post will end up being a smorgasbord of different things. It's been so HOT outside recently that the dogs and myself have been confined inside for most of the time. I mean, I try to coerce the dogs into going outside, but even they aren't fooled. Instead, they all pick an air vent and stay there.
Since I'm limited on what I can do during the day in the house (don't want to make too much noise while Dan is sleeping), I usually just end up reading. Our library is very small, so I'm often frustrated by it, but I have managed to find a few of the books I was looking for. I just finished Emma last week, so that was the last Jane Austen book I needed to read. I'm also almost done with the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. It's hit and miss with our library, so if I'm working on a series I better be prepared to wait, because they often don't have the next book available. I'm also reading a few other books right now, but I'm not going to mention them in case they are duds.
We had a wedding to go to on Saturday. A couple from church was getting married. It was very elegant and well done. It was actually the first wedding I've been too since we lived in Phoenix.
Monday I baked some Amish friendship bread. This was the first batch I've made in awhile. It was getting a bit overwhelming, so I had put it away for a few months. I made two different batches; one as the regular recipe and the other with banana pudding. The banana flavor wasn't as strong as I anticipated, but it still tastes great. Here's all the loaves after they were baked.
I needed to take Onyx to the vet for her rabies shot, so I packaged up one of the loaves and took it over to the girls at work. Doc loves bananas so I took him a few of those as well.
In the evenings I've been working in my front flower garden a little bit. The heat has really zapped most of the flowers in my other beds, but the one right in front is looking good. Here are the Black-eyed Susan and some of the Marigolds that are growing there:
The Brazillian Verbena that grandpa gave me has gotten huge. And the butterflies love it!
It took me two days to get a picture of this fellow. He was very camera-shy. Every time I'd take the camera out to snap his picture, he'd fly away. But I finally got one that isn't blurry. HA!- take that butterfly! You're getting your picture on the Internet whether you like it or not!
1 comment:
It's been hot here in Ky too. Your verbena is huge. I love watching butterflies. Did you know you can leave out the cinnamon and use chocolate pudding and some chocolate chips to the amish bread and it's real tasty too? Healthy I'm not sure but tasty. :-)
Have a great day and stay cool.
Donna
Post a Comment