Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summertime and the livin' is easy

Our summer, like most, went by very quickly. Most of our days were spent getting settled into our new home and routine. We've made some new friends, visited some new places and started new projects.

Roman is growing and changing everyday. He's still a great sleeper/napper. This is good news for me because it give me time to clean up after he's torn through our house. This is a typical view of our home after Roman has "explored":

He just loves pulling anything and everything out of cabinets and cupboards. Sheesh....

But, he also loves playing outside:

(Side note: our child does wear clothing on occasion)

This is the first summer I had a chance to spend multiple days at the pool. It's been great fun because Roman loves the water! He has no fear- which has been a blessing and a curse. He's more than willing to play in the water, but eventually he gets frustrated and wants to swim without my help. Um, no. 

We've also manage to sneak a few hours in at the beach. This past trip was overcast, but we had a good time. We even managed to get a few snap shots. 


Our weekends are usually spent BBQing with new friends and attending our new church. The church is Horizon Baptist and we joined a few weeks ago. It's a young church with a smaller congregation, but we are enjoying getting to know everyone. There are many younger families as well so there are plenty of children for Roman to play with and learn from. I'm glad we have a great church for him to grow in for the next 4 years.

And that, folks, is our summer in a nutshell. I hope you all had a lovely summer as well!

3 comments:

Karen said...

We haven't gone swimming once this Summer (well, some of us did on July 4th, but not all), it's just been so cool.

Love all the pictures. The iBoy does the same thing. There is no limit to the joy in getting things out of cabinets or off of shelves. (For him, not me.)

I looked at your new church's website. Looks like a great choice! I'm so glad God's given you a good church home.

Miss you all - see you soon!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Roman is a good mixture of both his mommy and daddy! (In looks, I mean.)

I have no clue what Dan was like as a toddler but I know that you kept me on my toes whenever we were near water. You had no fear! I had plenty.

I can't wait to see you here and then to see you there, too! Woohoo!

Elisabeth said...

It must be a boy thing bc Ryan was my child who liked getting things out of cabinets and such.
And I'm glad you found a church! We are struggling in that area. There are lots to choose from in this area but the ones that have web sites don't go into much detail about what they believe. So we are just visiting all the ones that sound about right. I hate being the visitor every week!!