We are moving.
I'd hoped by saying it out loud it will make it feel more real to me. It doesn't.
I love our life here, and although we always knew we would move, it doesn't make it any easier when the time finally comes.
Did I mention we don't know when we are moving yet? This tends to make planning harder
We decided to go ahead and list the house even though we don't have concrete dates. Selling the house and getting that off our to-do list seemed the most helpful thing at this point. Listing the house was incredibly emotional for me. I know it's just a building. But it's our home. It's where I brought my first baby home from the hospital. It's where we have many fond memories spent with friends, family, and each other. But that's life. And duty calls (literally), so off we go.
That said, I'm doing my best to remind myself that we will make new memories,
with new friends, at a new place, and they will be just as lovely.
And can I just take a second and tell you how proud I am of my husband? He has been an excellent, responsible Airman for all these years, and because of that, he has put himself in a position to be eligible for opportunities like this. Yes, this new position is the reason we are moving, but being a military family means moving (no matter what the reason) is par for the course. He can be proud of the career he's made, and how far he's come.
So for the next few months, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We will need an extra dose of patience and flexibility. I'm not very good playing the waiting game, and this is a BIG waiting game.
Big changes on the horizon. New adventures for a New Year.
1 comment:
I feel like I just read a post from my own blog. We have so many similarities going on right now. If you think listing your house was emotional, multiply that by 11 years and you get my emotions! But I hadn't thought about the many memories yet to be made in a new chapter yet to come so thanks for that part!
Post a Comment