Anyway......
In my spare time (Namely: nap time), I've been working on our kitchen cabinets. I'm still working on the upper cabinets, but I'll give you a sneak peek of the color.
Before:
After:
I'm in L-O-V-E :)
I've also been doing some painting in the kitchen.
(Forrest Khaki by Glidden)
This color matches what is currently in our living room. While I'm on the subject of painting: let me just say the kitchen is my least favorite room to paint. So.much.taping. Oh, the endless taping and cutting in with the brush! And while I'm complaining, I should mention the corners in these homes are rounded and the walls are textured. Translation: terrible seal from the painters tape. *insert pulling your hair out*
In other news: This past week our washing machine started leaking out the bottom of the unit. No bueno. I managed to find a washing machine on a local yard sale site for $40. What a deal! It's slightly smaller than our old one, but so far it's been working like a champ and that's all that matters to me. I don't understand these washers and dryers that have 800 options. Clean our clothes? Yes, please. Make me a sandwich while I wait? Not so much.
The other appliance that is broken is our dishwasher. It has never really worked properly, which is frustrating, but we've managed by just washing dishes the old fashion way. However, I can't really hand wash all our clothes (especially with baby boy in cloth diapers). Um, no.
We are still deciding what to do with our dishwasher. We bought it new after we moved into this house. I've already done some repairs to it, so I'm debating repairing it again, or cutting our losses and buying another new one. But- like I said, we can wait on that machine. Our next purchase will be a stove. When you see the 'After' pictures from our kitchen, you will understand why. "One of these things is not like the other....."
Our weather has official reached into the 100's. I was taking Roman for walks, but now those will need to wait until it cools down again. Our friends have a pool so we might take advantage of that on some of the truly unbearable days.
Speaking of water: here are some pictures of Roman taking his bath. I'm not sure why he looks so disgruntled in these photos. He LOVES bath time. Maybe he's worried these photos will make an appearance when he's older. I make no promises ;)
That wraps it up for now. Happy Wednesday!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Isn't it ironic that when you have more to blog about there is very little time to do it? But I'm happy when you find the time (and I'm happy there really is such a thing as "naptime" now.
If Roman ever complains about his bath pictures I'll produce yours for his enjoyment. :)
Post a Comment