Friday, August 12, 2011

Backyard

My Grandpa mentioned that I haven't posted any picture of our back yard recently. The reason for that being: I've planted quite a bit, but unfortunately the "boys" managed to kill almost everything.:(  However, there are a few new things in the yard that I haven't show you yet, so here they are.

 This is the view of the backyard from our backdoor. The shots move from lefts to right. Of course it wouldn't be a picture of my yard is there wasn't a dog in every picture :)


 I had large rocks delivered while Dan was deployed. They are lining the back wall. I'll have the small rocks delivered when we have the sprinkler system installed.

Another new addition to the backyard are the birdhouses. This corner was George's favorite place to try and jump the fence. He never made it (and I don't think he could), but either way, I don't want him jumping. So, I decided to put something to block him. I bought these birdhouses on sale at Michaels, and after painting them, I sprayed them with polyurethane. The post are thick tree stakes that I picked up at a local nursery for $4 each. I also planted some tall flowers underneath the posts, but you can guess what happened to those.....
And in case you were wondering, yes, they work.  George has not tried to jump the fence since I put them up

(two of the posts need to be straightened after some strong winds. And please note the orange birdhouse. Dan wanted a Bengals birdhouse, so although you can't see it, it has black stripes all over it)

This last picture is of our patio that we are still working on. I had sand delivered while Dan was away, and I laid that, and then the pavers. We need to have some more sand and another pallet of pavers delivered so we can complete the project, but it will have to wait for cooler weather.


And that's it! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Is there no grass on that side of the world?!

Karen said...

We have cooler weather now.

Just thought I'd make you jealous.

Miss you!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Can't wait to see what you've done since I was there!

So . . . do smaller rocks need watered to help them grow? You said you'd have them delivered after having the sprinkler system installed. :)

We're thinking of visiting in cooler weather. How would it be if we came for your birthday like I did last year? Only this time all the guys can celebrate with us!