Friday, April 15, 2011

Trip to Tennessee: Part 2

Sorry it's taken me so long to post these last few pictures from my trip to Tennessee. With the combination of a slow computer and a busy life, I've had little time to post. I'll try to be better :)
 
This first picture is of the hospital where my baby sister and brother were born. Why am I showing you this? Well, for my family members that read this blog, I thought I should take a picture of this piece of history before they tore it down. Yes, they are demolishing this hospital, because they built........
.....this hospital!
This is the brand new Middle Tennessee Medical Center. I felt sad looking at the poor, empty little hospital where my siblings were born. That place held great memories. But Murfreesboro is growing and with that growth come a need for a larger hospital. Such is life.

And that is the last of my pictures....

Now stay tuned for pictures of my sister's visit to Vegas.

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

We were in Murfreesboro the very next weekend after you. Unfortunately, our trip was not for happy reasons since it was for a funeral.

We heard that weekend that the old hospital was going to be torn down soon. I think they should put a marker somewhere on the property stating that the Princess and The Bear were born there, don't you? :)

Isn't it funny that the hospital where you and Karen were born is still going strong even if it is an older facility? If they ever try to tear that one down I really will lobby for a sign! LOL!

Kimberly Pitman said...

P.S. The word verification to post on your blog was "dogialic." This struck me as funny and ironic for some reason. :)